Through the research six open call commissions have made available to regional artists from the former Yugoslavia to produce work around the concept and practice of reconciliation. The open call commissions are being managed through two regional arts institutions: the History Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo and Stacion, Centre for Contemporary Art Prishtina, Kosovo. A public call was made for applications from regional artists. The form of the artwork was left entirely open. It could be performance, sculpture, photography, film or fine art as long as it had the potential to be exhibited. Applications that were socially engaged and participatory or collaborative in nature were particularly welcome. In the call made through the History Museum applicants were asked to respond in some way to the Museum’s permanent collection, “Sarajevo under the siege”. In the call made through Stacion it was specified that one call would be commissioned in North Kosovo.
Proposals were evaluated by a jury consisting of 5 members:
- Elma Hasimbegovic, Historical Museum of Bosnia Herzegovina
- Albert Heta, Stacion, Centre for Contemporary Art Prishtina
- Milena Michalski, artist in residence, Kings College
- Nebojša Milikić, REX Cultural Center, Belgrade
- Professor Paul Coldwell, University of the Arts, London
- Dr Paul Lowe, University of the Arts, London (jury secretary)
Return to the Commissions main page.